Our Parklife is a Community Interest Company, with representatives from each of the founding partners on its Board. However, Our Parklife regularly consults with other stakeholders which include volunteers, local businesses and other entities based on the Park, Park visitors and special interest groups who advise on the services it delivers. As a ‘not for profit’ company the profits it generates are reinvested back into the services it delivers.
Why a Community Interest Company?
The structure of a Community Interest Company (CIC) was chosen because it:
- Brings together the skills and experience of the private, social and charity sectors
- Provides a focus on Priority Themes
- Utilises existing networks of funding via partners
- Is asset locked and profit locked
- Can benefit from other sources of funding
- Encourages community ownership
- Is for a specific community purpose
- Can deliver revenue generating services to support its aims
If you would like to get more involved in influencing the activities of Our Parklife please contact the General Manager – Rowan Longhurst using the details at the bottom of this page.
The CIC was incorporated in September 2014 as a company limited by guarantee (Company Number 9242285). It is also registered with the Community Interest Company Regulator. Its Memorandum and Articles of Association set out its vision and objectives in relation to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the requirements of the EFM contract as well as arrangements for its leadership, management and reporting.